Are you guys ready for Thanksgiving? I can’t believe it’s already Thanksgiving. I should realize by now that once November hits, the year-end is near. Very near. 2012 is almost over! Very scary. I remember back in the day when time would pass by SO slowly…and now it’s just going by too fast. 😦
I received my November Conscious Box on Friday evening but didn’t get to open it till Saturday. I wanted to post up an update since Monday but was way too busy so here I am! I actually peeked at the classic box packing list before I opened the box and I wasn’t too impressed by what I saw on the list. Most likely because I wasn’t aware what all these products were. Now that I’ve opened the box, I really like what I see in there. I noticed this box was a lot heavier than the October box, too. Awesome!
Here’s the un-boxing:
November Conscious Box
Also, November is also the first anniversary of Conscious Box.
They had mentioned that it was a very special box for November because of their anniversary.
Closer look at the postcard
What I saw when I opened the box.
Packed to the brim!
That’s a lot of loot! 🙂
1) Freekeh Grains – Tamari Roasted Green Wheat: This is a totally new ingredient to me. From what I can gather, it’s another healthy and nutritious grain, similar to Quinoa. It’s been around since 2000 years ago and was discovered by accident. You can cook it the same way you cook rice and other grains. We like quinoa and this looks like it could be pretty tasty and healthy, too! Excited to try it. This is priced at $2.40 per bag.
2) Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix: All Natural, Wheat-Free and Gluten-Free! Healthy Pancakes! 8 grams of whole grains per serving. This sounds great. We eat a lot of pancakes on the weekend when we’re too lazy to go out and grab breakfast so this is perfect. Price: $1.52 per 100g bag.
3) Justin’s Organic Peanut Butter Cups – MM…organic peanut butter cups? I haven’t shown this to Meanie yet. He’ll gobble it up! I read on their FB page that there was a recall because the peanut butter may contain salmonella but these peanut butter cups are safe since they were sent to Conscious Box after the recall. I’m very familiar with this recall since I had bought a box of Jamwich’s from Costco for CB and we were sent a letter that there was a recall because of the possibility of salmonella in the peanut butter. No sicknesses have been reported but there was no way I was going to take this risk! [I just brought in my box over the weekend and was refunded]. Price – $1.89 for 2 peanut butter cups.
4) Lush Nuts – Dark Cocoa Chili: These sound fantastic! Dark cocoa and a kick of spice in nuts. Definitely very interesting. Indeedio! Price: $7.00/5 oz. The little bag is about 22 grams = 0.77 oz. 1 oz is approximately about $1.40. I’m just going to say that little packet costs about $1.04
5) SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Sweetener – Vanilla Creme flavor – This really intrigues me. I can use this instead of Splenda or Agave Syrup to sweeten my coffee? Tea? Awesome! I gotta try this. Not only does it sweeten without all the bad stuff, it’s also Vanilla Creme flavored so it’ll go great with coffee! Yum! It’s stevia-based. This sounds too good to be true! And wow, there are so many flavors it comes in, too –
Coconut • Watermelon • Cola • Lemon Drop • Valencia Orange • Berry
Chocolate Raspberry • English Toffee • Vanilla Crème • Hazelnut • Peppermint • Root Beer
Grape • Apricot Nectar • Chocolate • Cinnamon –
So many varieties! Wow, this little bottle costs $14.99!
6) Simply Organic – Minced Onion: I know I took a picture of this twice but this little container is so cute! I’ll only count it once, I swear! Minced onion can be very useful. They also attached a card containing recipes with the minced onion. Picture to come later. This little bottle is called a Mini Spice. So cute! It costs $2.09.
7) Teecino! – I’ve already gotten several samples of Teecino but I haven’t tried them yet. It’s basically caffeine free herbal coffee. I wish I had known about this when I was pregnant. Apparently people drink this when they want to cut down on coffee and caffeine. You can drink this alone or pair it with milk and sugar, just like coffee! The three flavors I have above are Mediterranean Mocha Herbal Coffee (makes 6 cups) [$2.50]; French Roast and Vanilla Nut Herbal Coffee tee-bags – $0.50 each totaling to about $1.00 for both tee-bags.
8) Organic India Tulsi Tea – I’m actually not familiar with this product. Tulsi is also known as Holy Basil. It’s supposed to help with the immune system and to help with stress. Wow, a product that will help with my immune system (much needed!) and relieve stress? I’ll take it. One tea bag is about $0.28
Here’s the other picture of the minced onion. I can’t get over how cute the jar is!
“After enduring years of chronic allergies and dealing with reactions to so many foods, elements, and chemicals I decided to make things myself! Try them out! You won’t be unhappy! Why did I go this far? I have a very rare immune disorder that pushed me to find ways to survive in this chemical, processed laden world! It has helped tremendously! I am a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner through training, turned entrepreneur and only want to see people be healthy and happy. No information on this web site constitutes medical advice! As always, if you have any questions regarding your individual health care, seek the advice or your personal health care provider.“
There seems to be plenty of informative topics, too. The blog is worth browsing!
Caveman Rub is a blend of chili powder, cumin, sea salt, various peppers, and oregano’s to make this caveman rub a must have!! All of the rubs do not contain onion or garlic for those who may be allergic. A 4 oz bottle costs $5.00 and a 2 oz refill costs $3.00. I’m not sure how much the little packet contains but it’s definitely less than 2 oz, or 1 oz. I’m sure a little of that rub goes a long way! Just gotta figure out what to try it on. Hmmm..so many options!
10) Bonus: Avalon Organics lip balm. – I LOVE lip balm! I am a fanatic. I have several chap sticks and lip balm and I must keep my lips moisturized or else I am just not a happy camper. This website is worth browsing. They also create other items, too, and baby items! The lip balm I got is a Soothing Vanilla Rosemary kind. Here is the product description: Organic coconut and olive oils moisturize while organic shea butter protects against drying. We use organic stevia leaf extract for a never-too-sweet flavor and organic rosemary to soothe your lips. Enriched with Vitamin E to nourish and heal. This costs $2.99
I did not receive the Bloomers as listed on the packing list. I do not know any other information about it and I’m sorry that I cannot share with you what the product list. The description on the packing list is as follows:
“Bloomers – For some of us, gardening is a year round activity. For others, it has to wait until spring…but no matter the time, getting your hands a bit dirty and growing your own food is healthy, sustainable, and fun. Add this pack of seeds by Bloomers to your flourishing greenhouse of greatness or hey, make it the first seeds in the soil next spring!“
I’m not unhappy that I did not receive this. I do not have a green thumb. I envy those who do have it but plants tend to die on me. 😦 I wish I could have a flourishing garden and grow my own vegetables but I just do not have the knack or skill for it. Oh, woe is me. So these seeds would have been wasted on me anyway so it’s a good thing I did not receive it!
Additional reading material contained in box with recipes and ideas.
So the November box costs approximately…more than $30.70 since I couldn’t figure out the price of the Caveman Rub. I think this box is really worth it and I really did love it! Next month’s Conscious Box will be last one since my subscription will be over and I really need to cut back on my spending money. I’m a little sad but I’m really glad that I jumped on this offer! 🙂
By the way, I received my Thanksgiving Cravebox yesterday. I opened it and I’m just not happy with it at all. Review to come.
[Note: This post is entirely my opinion and I was not paid or compensated in any way to state my honest review]