Woohoo, my very first Voxbox since I joined Influenster this past summer. I had received the Palmolive box but it wasn’t an official VoxBox so I’m counting the Holiday VoxBox as my very first one! I filled out a survey one day and then they said I was getting a Holiday VoxBox! This is good because it makes me try out all the stuff as early as possible. I don’t know if you have noticed but it takes me a while to finally try something. I like to take my time, which could be a bad thing. I’m a big time procrastinator. Here it is:
I’m comparing the size of the boxes. The Loot Crate is on the left and the Voxbox is on the right side.
Oh wow, I didn’t know they were based in NYC!
No wonder the box came really soon. It actually arrived on Saturday, the day I left for Montreal.
I had it shipped to my parents’ house.
Packing list with descriptions and price
1. Quaker – Real Medleys Summer Berry Oatmeal – I used to hate oatmeal but now I love it. I think I used to hate it because my parents would make it for me when I was young but I wouldn’t eat it right away. By the time I’ve gotten the bravery to try this bland mess, it was congealed, cold and tasteless. I love McDonald’s Fruit and Maple Oatmeal but I know it has to have a bunch of bad crap in it in order for it to taste good. I also love the Quaker instant oatmeal packets, too. I was very eager to try this. I brought it for breakfast to work yesterday. The instructions are very easy. You can either add boiling water in it and let it sit a minute, a lot like instant noodles. Or you can put cold water in it and then nuke it for like 45 seconds. I took the first method and this is what it looked like:
It looks a little too liquidy there so I let it sit a bit more till it got really thick. I think I would have liked the other varieties better. I usually love berries but these were berries were really sour. I noticed on the bottom, it was a little sweeter so maybe I just hadn’t stirred well enough. The other varieties are: Apple Walnut Oatmeal, Cherry Pistachio Oatmeal and Peach and Almond Oatmeal. Those sound fantastic! Wasn’t too fond of the Summer Berry one but I will gladly try the other flavors. This costs about $1.79 per cup. I was also really full, too, and I couldn’t finish the whole cup!
2. This is like the 3rd or 4th packet of EBoost I’ve received so far from other subscription boxes, like Conscious Box or Cravebox. I figured it was similar to Emergen-C or something like that. GlitteredScrubs had told me this tasted disgusting so I was even more scared to try it but I’m trying it..now. 😦 I think Emergen-C tastes awesome compared to this vile crap. Ugh! I’m not even sure if it’s boosting my mood, focus and immunity, since I’m already sick. The most vile thing I have ever tasted was Buckley’s cough syrup even though it worked. I think Eboost is up there too. Ugh! And look! This is what happens when you mix it with water!
I know it’s pink lemonade flavor but this is a little disturbing. LOL
This goes for $28 for a box of 20 packets; $39 for a box of 30…*shudder*
I think my stomach is protesting against this. I can’t force myself to drink this anymore…bleghhh
3. Goody Quikstyle brushes. This is a paddle brush with these absorbent microfiber bristles in between that are supposed to help dry your hair quicker. They say it’s like a towel and brush in one. This is kinda cool. I’ve been using this since the beginning of the week. It actually does seem to dry my hair a bit. Some days I go without blow drying my hair because my hair seems to have dried a little bit more quickly than usual. Although these days I’ve been blow drying because I have a cold…but I really do think this works!
This brush is $11.99. I’m really loving this!
4. Kiss Nail Dress. This is so cute!! I don’t really go for manicures since I am the ultimate klutz and tend to chip the polish off immediately but I usually go and get pedicures when the weather is warmer. Plus, I don’t think I can really pull off cheetah print nails. I could, maybe a decade ago, with my cheetah print leather clubbing pants but not now. No way. LOL. That Babydot has long since grown up. I think I’ll try this on my toe nails one of these days. Maybe this weekend. I’ve never applied anything to my own nails since I’m cursed with shaky hands so I don’t know how well these will turn out. If these turn out great, I will definitely use more of these. This costs $6.99.
5. NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine – $2.49 – I’ve seen this brand before but I’ve never tried it. I will, soon, though. I love lip gloss and lip balm. They are my weakness. I’m not a huge fan of this color though but they have a wide variety of colors available.
6. Sole Society – $25 off your first purchase! – I’ve known about Sole Society for a while now but I’ve cancelled my membership. Plus, all I wear these days are sneakers or fluffy imitation Uggs boots. Heh. Anyone interested in this? Just email me or leave a comment and I’ll give it to you. First come, first serve!
I did not get one of those face masks in my Voxbox but I think I got one in one of my other boxes. Haven’t tried it yet..no surprise there. =X
This was a great experience. Much thanks to Influenster for giving me such a great opportunity to try out these new items. I’m totally looking forward for more VoxBoxes if I’m lucky enough to qualify for more! 🙂
I have 2 more invites available to join Influenster. Anyone interested? Just let me know!