It’s been a while since I’ve posted. A little over a week. For some reason, it feels like a really long time. I know I’m behind on reviews and stuff. I haven’t felt like posting after the latest tragedy. My heart was and is full of so much sorrow over what happened. I have to stop reading the news because there are times where I just feel like breaking out in tears over this sad time. *sigh*
It’s a week till Christmas. Where did all the time go? Soon it will be 2013, if we survive the “apocalypse” on 12/21/12. Hah, I just realized the date pattern. 12-21-12. Nifty! I’m busy running around gathering last minute presents. I thought I was done with everything but today I realized I forgot some people. Gahh! We ordered 100 holiday cards this year and I think we used them all. That’s crazy.
I received my December Conscious Box about 2 weeks ago. What’s funny is that I had received an email from Conscious Box saying that the box was shipped. I checked my email on my iPhone where 3 different email accounts are (which I kinda forgot about). The email address I have for my PayPal account is totally different from my main account and I rarely check it. So I received the email shipping confirmation on Sunday night on my iPhone and when I checked on Monday from my main account, it said my box was shipped! So I got home, all eager to see my last Conscious Box only to realize that it hadn’t gotten delivered yet. So I was freaking out that someone else had gotten hold of my Conscious box and so I emailed Conscious Box that I had lost my box! And then after everything was sent out, I realized that the shipment email was on my Hotmail email and that the tracking number I had sent to Conscious Box was from October, from an email sent to my Gmail account, when I bought the Mystery box. I’m such an idiot. I’m sure they’re cracking up over that. LOL Conscious Box was very understanding and promptly emailed me back. So sorry for my stupidity! 🙂
I was also waiting for the December Classic Packing List.
This is my last box of my subscription. As much as I enjoyed Conscious Box, I regret this will be my last month. It has certainly opened my eyes to new brands that are eco-friendly and good to the environment and the world. The box is a wee bit expensive and I regret that I need to start saving money for 2013. I had fun while it lasted, Conscious Box!
Here are my un-veiling pictures:
LOL, what jokers! 🙂
My very last Conscious Box, for now…
It was nice meeting you…
I ❤ Bill Watterson! I miss Calvin & Hobbes…
What I saw when I opened the lid…
I received 2 sets of these cards…
What was hiding underneath the tissue paper.
It’s a pretty heavy box this month!
1. Beanfields – Bean & Rice Chips – Sea Salt & Pepper – 1.5 oz – Hmm…chips made out of beans? I’m not an anti-bean person but I don’t love them, either. Sometimes I’ll eat them, sometimes I won’t. I know people who have bean phobias. I tolerate beans. I’ll try these but I don’t expect to be wowed. They have good reviews so there’s a possibility I could get wowed. A 1.5 oz bag goes for about: $1.50 a bag according to Amazon
2. 18 Rabbits Granola – Pecan, Almond, Maple & Coconut Gracious Granola – 1.55 oz – The description off the website sounds super yummy:
The granola that started it all – Gracious Granola reminds Alison the most of what her mom made. A touch of butter and a hint of coconut add delectable warmth, with plenty of satisfying crunch from organic almonds and pecans. Try it atop tart, plain yogurt with a few strawberries for the perfect breakfast. Be Gracious to your body by treating it to a bowl of our original granola.
That sounds super yummy! I’m going to try it! It’s available on Amazon for: $2.08
3. the GoodOnYa bar – Peanut Butter Chocolate – One of the additional items of this month’s box. I actually received several of the “additional” items whereas I was supposed to receive only one of the list. But I hadn’t received one of the products – Good Nature Tea – so I guess it’s a good trade off…?
Non GMO | No Soy | No Dairy | 54% Raw | 10g Bio-available Protein | Good Fiber | Grain Free & Gluten Free
This is a no-brainer, and it’s always been our #1 seller for obvious reasons. Who doesn’t love this classic combination? Only instead of junk it’s made real food and no fillers. Our Organic Gluten Free peanut Butter Chocolate Bars are Loaded with protein and good fiber and the taste we all love. Raw, Organic Honey is our sweetener and there isn’t anything in here you couldn’t buy at the Co Op.
Yum, sounds good to me!
One bar costs approximately $2.50 from the website
4. Truebar – Fruit & Nut bar – $1.99 per bar – I had the opportunity to try the Cashew & Coconut Truebar via Swaggable. Here’s the link for my post. I totally snarfed down the Cashew & Coconut Truebar. I wished I had more. Funnily enough, Swaggable is also sending me the same Truebar as well as another one to try out but I haven’t received it yet. I’m not a huge coconut fan but I loved that Cashew & Coconut Bar. Truebar is a lot like the KIND bar but I think Truebar tastes better.
5. Bonus: 7th Heaven Naturals – Moroccan Clay Gentle Exfoliating Mask – I think I’ve seen these here and there at various drugstores but I have never tried one. This should be pretty interesting. One packet costs about $2.99 according to the website.
6. Lemi Shine – 2.5 oz –
Keeps dishes and glassware shining by removing hard water minerals in the main wash cycle of your dishwasher.
Dishwasher detergents are not formulated to remove hard water minerals during the main wash cycle. Lemi Shine® Original solves this problem. Combined with your auto dish detergent, Lemi Shine® Original removes tough hard water spots, stains, and film during the main wash cycle.
I do have a dishwasher but I rarely use it. I only use it when we have a lot of company. Is that weird? But this will be used when I have company in the near future.. 🙂
A 2.5 oz packet costs approximately around $1.64 (about $0.65 an ounce)
7. Avalon Organics Soothing Vanilla & Rosemary lip balm. – I love lip balm. I actually got this as a bonus in the last box and I love it! I’m so happy I have an extra one now. It moisturizes very well and the scent is amazing. Love, love, love!! One costs about $2.49
8. Eden Allure Argan Oil – Sample Size – To be honest, I have no idea what this is for but it’s gotten rave reviews everywhere.
I got this info from Amazon:
- Rich in Vitamin F (omega 6), Vitamin E, Phenols, Triterpens, Squalene
- Argan oil is a natural solution to defend against premature aging and UV exposure
- Effective against aging and cell degeneration, as well as dryness, skin inflammation, acne and scars
- Contains exceptionally high levels of fatty acids including linoleic acid (omega-6) which ensure skin’s repair and protective functions
- Diminishes wrinkles and can even eliminate them completely
I guess it must work since everyone gave it awesome reviews! I’m not sure how much this costs because it’s such a tiny bottle but on Amazon, 1 fl. oz costs about $18.99 Ow!
9. Divine Chocolate (one of the additional items of box) – The name of the chocolate and the flavor of the chocolate has me convinced. Milk Chocolate with Spiced cookies? I haven’t ripped into this yet but I will, very very soon. And it’s fair trade! Yay! This brand of chocolate has a variety of flavors that I would love to try. Yum! One bar costs about $1.99
10. St. Claire’s Organics – Ginger Sweets Tin – costs about $2.99 – made out of organic molasses and ginger root, all organic. Sounds good to me!
11. EBOOST – Natural Orange – I’ve gotten several packets of this but I haven’t tried it out yet. I think it’s a lot like Emergen-C except it also provides an energy boost as well as vitamins. It’s a perfect alternative to energy drinks and better for your health! One packet goes for about: $1.40
12. Conscious Ink – Gratitude Temporary Tattoo – Cute but I doubt I’d be sporting this any time soon. It’s made out of organic ink, etc. The Gratitude tattoo costs $2.00
13. Episencial Playful Wash – free sample – I love Episencial! When Bluum box first started out, one of the boxes had a full size of Episencial anti itch lotion. Love that stuff! I haven’t tried the Playful Wash yet but I will very soon. This sample is free. By the way, this is for babies!
14. Nurturme Sweet Bananas Baby food – I’ve always seen this around but haven’t tried it yet. We’re traveling soon so I’ll be sure to try this to see if BB likes it! The only thing that’s weird is that it’s like powder form. Weird. You just need to mix water or formula or breast milk into it to make it palatable. One pouch costs $1.13
So there you have it, my final Conscious Box. If I add up all the above amounts, I get about $24.70 but I didn’t count the Argan oil or the Episencial so I guess it costs around $25 total. Not bad. Overall, I liked the variety of this box and at how everything wasn’t edible, for me. It was a fun run, Conscious Box. Maybe we’ll meet again in the near future…