Yep, you saw that right, Citrus Lane! I did cancel my subscription from earlier this year but I had a $10 credit waiting for me in my account so I used it for the December box. 🙂 I was excited to come back to Citrus Lane and I expected to be wow’ed by the December box but I’m not so wow’ed. 😦 Boohoo.
For those who are new to my blog, Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription box service that delivers boxes catered to your child’s age. Citrus Lane calls their boxes “care packages for parents”. Toys, baby food, feeding accessories are items that are usually included in the boxes. I had a 3-month subscription earlier this year and totally loved them but I had to cancel because it was getting a little pricey.
So I jumped on this opportunity. I don’t know if it’s just not an impressive box overall or is it just me? What do you people think?
This month’s theme is “a few of our favorite things”
Just from that theme itself, you would expect an awesome box, right? I sure did!
Here’s the packing list – there are only 5 items in it. Well, 4, really and 1 coupon.
1) Green Toys Submarine – I was very happy to see this! I give BB baths in the bathtub and need some more bath toys. This is great when he graduates to the bigger toddler tub. He’s still in the infant/toddler tub..in the bathroom sink. He tends to freak out when I wash him in the adult tub, even though in his baby bathtub. 😦 This is priced at $14.99
2) Ecomom Offer – $15 towards anything. This is great! I’ve heard a lot of good things about Ecomom and I’m sure I can definitely use this voucher.
3) Pearhead Brag Book – …in Pink…?? It’s a pretty book and all and I would love to use it but it’s in pink? I’ve got two little boys. I emailed Citrus Lane and asked if I could get one in blue. They promptly replied to me, apologized and said that a blue one is on the way. Yay! Anyone interested in a pink brag book? Let me know! This is priced at $8.95
4) Renee & Jeremy It’s a Big World CD – I’m not familiar with this at all but I’m sure both CB and BB would enjoy this since they love listening to music. This has terrific reviews on Amazon and it’s priced at $12.70 on Amazon. The website of Renee & Jeremy priced it at $10.00. Citrus Lane priced this CD at $12.00 so I’ll go with that.
5) Madécasse 75% Cocoa Mini Chocolate Bar – I like dark chocolate – but I find the higher the percentage is, the grosser it tastes. I hope I like this one. This looks really yummy but the other flavors look so much better. Sea salt and nibs? Arabica Coffee? Yummie! 75% dark chocolate. I’m cringing just a little bit but I just hope it’s not as bitter as I expect it to be. This bar costs $1.50
This box costs $52.44 total counting the Ecomom coupon. That’s not too shabby at all compared to the $15 I paid for the box this month with my $10 credit! But this box didn’t wow me as much as the other ones. I’m just a wee bit disappointed but I’m kinda glad I stopped this subscription. I just wish the December box was a little more impressive than this one. 😦
I got my Winter Favorites Cravebox yesterday! I’m going to review it soon. I also have a Holiday Voxbox from Influenster on the way. Yay! My first official Voxbox! 🙂